DURATION: 4HRS 9am-1pm • LOCATION: CANBERRA, LAKE BURLEY GRIFFIN • MAX FIVE PARTICIPANTS • $120 PER PERSON
Gift certificates available!
Want to buy this for the photographer in your life but don’t know what date to book? Consider buying them a Beginner’s DSLR Gift Certificate and let them choose their own dates. Workshops will be run fortnightly in January through March so the perfect gift to go with that new camera this Christmas!
About the workshop
Do you have a DSLR camera that you don’t feel confident enough to get off Auto mode? Do you have many photos that are lacking in punch, or just don’t feel like they are expressing the same emotion as what you saw when you took the shot? Or maybe you have a few photos that you are particularly proud of but you are just unable to replicate them again?
Join me, a Canberra landscape photographer, and I’ll take you on an introduction to using your DSLR camera and get you off Auto mode. This workshop is designed to give you the fundamental understanding on how different shutter speed, aperture and ISO can be used creatively to pursue the photography you love. You will also be shown considerations on how to compose a photo so it is more impactful for you, and your viewers.
You’ll accompany me along the shore of Lake Burley Griffin where you’ll be given tuition on how to use your camera in terms and language you will be able to understand. In fact, I’m is so confident that you will get immense value out of his workshop that in the event after the first hour you feel it is not for you you may leave the workshop and receive a full refund – this is my guarantee.
- Never use Auto mode again!
- How shutter speed, aperture and ISO affect your photography
- Using depth of field creatively
- Histogram basics
- How to use Aperture Priority mode
- Composition and how it can enhance your photo
- The confidence to start finding your own voice
- Your DSLR camera
- A standard zoom lens
- Charged battery and empty memory card
- Your camera’s manual (not essential but handy)
- Notebook and pen
- Hat and sunscreen
- Water and snacks
- Dress for the weather
During the course of the workshop you will walk approximately 2kms on generally flat even ground. Note that Canberra’s climate in summer can be particularly hot, and winter is quite cold so dress appropriately
- Only in the event that it is raining or rain imminent within an hour of the workshop commencing will it be cancelled and all participants will be notified via SMS
- If the workshop is cancelled due to weather participants will have the choice of either a full refund, or to be first on the list for the next workshop
- Participants may cancel one full week out from the workshop for a full refund
- If cancelling less than a week from the workshop unfortunately only a 50% refund will be offered
- Participants can transfer their place in the workshop to friends or family at no penalty
You can either sign up now for the next workshop although if this product is showing Out of Stock it means either the next workshop is full or one is not currently scheduled. You contact me for upcoming workshop dates to get ready and start enjoying your photography more than ever!
I’m a photographer based in Canberra. I particularly enjoy landscape, storm, long exposure, astro and portraiture photography. My work is regularly used by Visit Canberra, ABC News and the Canberra Times. I’ve also been interviewed on radio and television about photography.