DURATION: 3.5HRS • LOCATION: ENLIGHTEN CANBERRA PARLIAMENTARY TRIANGLE • MAX SIX PARTICIPANTS • $175 PER PERSON
- Friday 28 February 2020 – 7:30pm to 11:00pm
- Wednesday 4 March 2020 – 7:30pm to 11:00pm
- Saturday 7 March 2019 – 7:30pm to 11:00pm
About the workshop
Come join Glenn Martin as he shows you his tips and techniques for night time photography during the spectacular Enlighten Festival in Canberra.
We will visit five major installations around the festival giving you plenty of time to learn about your DSLR for night time shooting. Starting at Questacon for camera setup and briefing, we’ll work through to the National Portrait Gallery, Old Parliament House, Parliament House and finally the National Library of Australia. Where possible we’ll also take opportunity to shoot some of the performance exhibitions that will be occurring in the area.
Advanced beginner to intermediate
This workshop is genre specific being night time long exposure. It is therefore aimed at those slightly more familiar with their cameras looking to hone their skills a little further with night time photography. If you have not yet learnt how to use your camera out of Auto mode then my Beginner’s DSLR Workshop might be better suited for you.
- Long exposure night photography that is sharp and crisp
- Using Liveview to compose your shot
- Taking control of your camera in Manual mode
- Spot metering
- How ISO can affect your photography
- Composition and how it can enhance your photo
- And of course amazing photos of light projections at night!
- Your DSLR camera
- Tripod – mandatory, you must have a tripod for this workshop
- Remote trigger release – optional, but extremely handy
- Lens/s, more at the wider end of the scale ie around 24mm or even wider
- Fully charged battery, preferably with a spare
- Empty memory card
- Head torch or flashlight
- Note that it can get cool in the evening so recommend a jacket and beanie/hat
During the workshop you will walk approximately 3-4km on mostly flat ground, however, going up to Parliament House involves a bit of a hill.
- Only in the event that it is raining or rain imminent within an hour of the workshop commencing will it be cancelled and all participants will be notified via SMS
- If the workshop is cancelled due to rain you will receive a full refund
- Participants may cancel one full week out from the workshop for a full refund
- If cancelling less than a week from the workshop only a 50% refund will be offered
- Participants can transfer their place in the workshop to friends or family at no penalty
You can either sign up now for the next workshop although if this product is showing Out of Stock it means either the next workshop is full or one is not currently scheduled. You can contact me for upcoming workshop dates to get ready and start enjoying your photography more than ever!
I’m an award winning photographer based in Canberra. I particularly enjoy landscape, storm, long exposure, astro and portraiture photography. My work is regularly used by Visit Canberra, ABC News and the Canberra Times. I’ve also been interviewed on radio and television about photography.